Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Frog Prince

Right girls, almost all of us have been brought up to believe that we will one day fall in love with Prince Charming. It'll be love at first sight, naturally, and la-di-da, you and your prince will live happily ever after. The End.

Or is it?

I am pretty sure some of us will have inevitably gotten into our first relationship consumed with expectations and with the assumption that somehow, this lucky frog that we have kissed will be magically enhanced into a Prince. Yet some of us will eventually find that with an almight croak, the Prince will be reduced back to the frog he once was and hippity hop back to the pond he came from.

Then comes the deafening crash of all your hopes, dreams and expectations. What had went wrong? It all felt so right!

Felt would be the essential word here. Over the past few years, I have come to realise that things cannot be set in stone just because you feel it. Somehow or the other, you will need something more solid, more...reliant.

That's when experience comes in. Be it from friends, relatives or even from yourself, you'll just have to use the experience you feel is best. According to the Law of Attraction, what you truly believe in will come true. So choose your advice carefully and be absolutely sure of what you really want.

Though truth be told, I think your own judgement cannot be trusted. So do what I do and trust in God to do the best for you.

I have to love myself, believe in my self value and realise that the only person who can make me feel better about myself is me (and God come to think of it).

Now it's off to the pool so I can at least feel better about myself in the knowledge that even if I'm not skinny, at least I'm fit...kinda.

No comments:

Post a Comment