Friday, May 29, 2009

Loss

Loss is a very painful thing. Be it losing a friend, family member, loved one, or even an object which you cherish very much.

After the concert, I walked into the house feeling very much like just stumbling into bed when I realised my iPod Touch is missing. Yes, my beautiful, beloved iPod Touch which I have saved up so much for and have babysat like a newborn infant right from the very beginning. Even now, I was in the process of saving up for a docking station which I would actually use. But all those rainbow coloured dreams fell and crashed onto the floor when my iPod Touch is missing. Know what's the worse thing about losing something that is not your phone? You can't call it and see if the vibration or ringtone is coming from anywhere near you.

Oh my beautiful iPod Touch, the apple of my eye, please come back.

Now I have to be stuck in a room to want to read my manga comics. I mean, technology is addictive isn't it? I went through cold turkey without my iPod Touch with lots of tears and listless opening of cupboards and dismantling of my bed in hope of finding my iPod. What I did end up doing is eating a big bowl of cinnamon ice cream and lots of junk food, before ending with a HUGE plate of curry and rice which I know I can't finish but did anyway.

Damn grief and my urge to comfort eat.

I guess life is all about gaining and losing. At most if I really really have lost my iPod Touch, I'll go back and see if I can get an iPhone since it's two in one. Plus I get a 3G edge which means I can get internet access practically anywhere. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment