Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cost of Living

The cost of living has indeed gone up. I tried posting a few parcels home today. So here's the story:

Three parcels, one light, one medium and one heavy. Guess what? I only got to send the lightest one because I couldn't afford to send any other.

Guess what else? I'm not poor. After paying for postage, I have become poor. The lightest one cost £44.99, medium one costs £60+ which is all I have in my bank at the minute, and the heaviest one costs £90+ which I flat out couldn't afford.

I just can't believe the cost of things nowadays. You know you're getting old when you start saying "In my day..."

In my day, a small pack of McDonalds fries costs S$1. Now it's S$1.50!

When is the economic crisis gonna stop? I don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment