Wednesday, September 03, 2008

2nd Day Of School

Today was so good. Things have kind of settled down into some form of normalcy which is good. Upper Sixth is so much better than Lower Sixth. I only have 6 periods of private study and the rest I'll be able to stay in the common room. A few people are already planning to put some money together to buy us some kitchen appliances for the kitchen counter we have in the common room. Which will be good considering I'll be spending so much of my time there.

This year for English Literature I'll be studying lots of war novels and poems. Both the good and the bad. Meaning the real patriotic ones, and the ones which tell you as it is. The death, the fear, and the tiredness of it all. Hope I don't become a complete cynic after this. We analyzed this extract from a novel called Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks. It kinda captured me and nearly pulled me into the scenario of which we were analyzing. And I could feel everyone being captured in it too. When the teacher finished reading, I could hear them letting go of their breath and it's like everyone is waking from their sleep. Real good book. Shall be reading it soon.

Also another movie on war, called Sophie's Choice which Auntie Heather told me to not watch it till I'm older. She says it's a great movie on war, and I think I'll cry while watching it. But I resolve to watch it after my A levels this year.

Absolutely shattered today. Can't imagine how much of an effect the full school day will have on me. I'm so tired. But, read from Zoe's blog that someone from our 4E class of 2006 went "berserk" can someone tell me what is going on? I think I know who it is. But can anyone at all tell me exactly what's wrong? That poor boy...

"Everyone is more or less mad on one point." -Rudyard Kipling (an English author and poet, born in Bombay, British India, and best known for his books The Jungle Book, The Second Jungle Book and Just So Stories)









No comments:

Post a Comment