Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Man With White-And-Grey Hair

And so, the man with white-and-grey hair walked into Cafe Krem. He asked us our names, asked where we came from and said: "Well, hi! I'm your boss! ^__^"

That is how I knew my boss from Cafe Krem yesterday. I was working a shift with a girl who is also new, except she had already been there for nearly a week whereas I only started on that day. 1st day of work is pretty good. I dropped a plate and made a sandwich for my boss. He taught me how to fold the baguettes in the paper and how to set it out. Also how many pieces of sun-dried tomatoes you give customers (about 3). I'm so glad my boss is all smile-y and helpful. I alway have nightmres that my boss would be like this:Had a thumping headache which I later found out to be migraine. Migraine pretty much dominated my whole day yesterday all the way to this morning and started to ebb away at about 12 today. What a relief. Anyway, work was pretty good. I mostly washed the dishes, cleared up the tables and cleaned the tables. My job scope required me to serve and bring food to customers as well, but because I only know how to make the breakfast, serve regular tea and coffee, and ladle out the Soup Of The Day, I didn't have the confidence to serve anyone. Just in case they ask for something I don't know how to do.

Like hot chocolate.Oh you should have seen the hot chocolate. It is the best I've ever drank in my life. Nice thick foamy milk with liquid chocolate lying at the bottom where you could stir it up, with multi-colored marshmallows lying on top. Serving at a temperature that is just right so that it still warms you up from the inside, but doesn't burn half the cells away from your tongue. Mmm...

My colleagues there so far are pretty nice. There is a middle-aged guy, names Tarek and he is pretty much a full timer. He's so nice, and made me my hot chocolate for my break ^__^ I was starving though, and didn't have my 'lunch' till about 2.30pm because I didn't know I had to ask for my break. -__-'' Had a ham and cheese toastie with tomato and hot chocolate for my lunch.
Whenever Tarek saw my ham and cheese toastie (made by the other new girl Alanna) he was like "Is that all you're having?" I decided to risk it and said "Can I have a hot chocolate please? >.<" And he did make it for me! :D:D So basically, I kinda know everything, but I can't work the till. I don't really know how to. Hope I get a shift soon and know everything there is to do. It'll be so much easier then. Work pay is £4.85 per hour, which also makes the work easier ^__^ So yes, I'm a working gal now, hear me roar!

"Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing." -Thomas A. Edison (an American inventor and businessman who developed many devices that greatly influence life around the world. His inventions include the phonograph and the long-lasting and ever practical light bulb.)


No comments:

Post a Comment