Saturday, July 26, 2008

Contents of the Parcel

Yesterday, I received a Very Exciting Parcel from my mom. Here are just some pictures of the things there. One of the things which I immediately dived into was the 'water babies' which Li Hao bought for me. They are supposed to 'mate' and then 'get pregnant' and 'have babies' so far all mine did was grow.

And grow..

And grow.

This is what it looked like before I added water yesterday.With water.And an hour or so later it'll be grown to the full size. This is it today. I dare not add any more water because it keep growing.Then here is the long-awaited microphone/speaker. I have yet to learn how to use it yet but I'm sure I'll enjoy it whenever I do.Then my favourite cough syrup! Pi Pa Gao.Stacks of Reader's Digest from 2005 and 2006. ^_^Chinese storybooks.Books that I wanted, it's by Low Kay Hua, he writes really touching novels.Calendar thing that came with the books.Hair cream.Mobile phone decoration.And this I must place great emphasis on, because this is the best they have made it. Birthday cards from my sisters! Sorry for looking at them before my birthday, but they were just there!Looking at those just kinda makes me miss home. I was pretty up and down a few hours after I opened everything. Like "Wow! Presents!" and "Awww..I miss home." I'm fine now though, there's no place like home and I will get back sooner or later. Special thanks to Mommy who sent it to me, I know you're reading this! HI!! *waves frantically*

Ahem. *composes self* Now on to other things. Today I found out that I am going to have to go to Residential camp on Monday. I went last year as well, but it wasn't exactly packed full of great memories and all. Though I must admit I did enjoy it. It's just one of those things where I would sigh and sigh while going there and then maybe absolutely hate it while I'm there but get really high whenever it's over and can proudly say "I did that!"

Truth is, I am looking forward to it in the way that I could talk to all the girls and everything again, but I'm not exactly looking forward to making a fool of myself by exhibiting my non-fitness. Dragging my lily-white, unfit ass up the climbing wall is not exactly a pretty sight, and it's sure as hell not fun. Also, not looking forward to meeting my arch-nemesis: my fear of heights. Last year, I had to climb a huge mountain and then walk all the way down again while being able to see all the way down. It tires me even to think about the things I have to do there. Bouldering: climbing up-river in a wet suit and wellies. The water weighs you down and water gets into your wellies making your legs even heavier. That's one of them, just to name a few.

I think I better stop complaining. It just takes a while to bring my mind around it that's all. It's just, I don't want to put on a huge display of my unfitness again this year. And I'm so much less fit than I was last year. That is, if you can call last year 'fit'. Sooo not looking forward to it. Well, let's look at it this way. No matter how much humiliation I suffer, I wouldn't die, right? I'll just go through a traumatic period of time huddled up in a corner rocking back and forth murmuring curses at everyone who ever made me feel shame.

That just makes it so much better. Even so, I could look at it in a happy way or a sad way. It's my call. Let's just hope I remember that whenever I'm dragging myself up a wall or upriver all the while cursing every single crisp I ever ate in my life.

"Man learns through experience, and the spiritual path is full of different kinds of experiences. He will encounter many difficulties and obstacles, and they are the very experiences he needs to encourage and complete the cleansing process." -Sai Baba (South Indian guru, religious leader, orator and described by his followers - not uncontroversially - as a Godman and a miracle worker)


No comments:

Post a Comment