Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Non-adult Environment-Day 1

Well you can say that today was a late Friday the 13th for me. -.- In spite of things going bad though, I still had a good time. Let's start from the very beginning (a very good place to start).Woke up at 7.15am to prepare to feed the cats and the dog. Went into the studio where the dog is sleeping, and decided to not wake him up and quietly make the meals instead. But whenever the meals were made, Benjamin (dog) decided that he wants to have a lie-in!

And thus, I had to take out the Mighty Lead, and drag him outta bed. Lazy fella. So, after congratulating myself and patting myself on the back for not killing any animals and not having any 'accidents' from the dog yet, I fed the cats. And found a nice wee 'present'.

Now, it would have been fine if it was in the cat litter tray but nooooo, someone had trailed off onto the floor and had diarrhea there. So I cleared it up, still congratulating myself for preventing myself from making a bigger mess by vomiting on Sonny and Missy (cats) while they're happily eating their breakfast as if they do NOT excrete from their bums.

You can say it's a crappy present *audience groans*.

Meanwhile, Benjamin is hemming and hawing about eating his breakfast and running around me because he doesn't want to be left out. He decided that the breakfast is not worth it and went back to his nice warm bed. I had to get out the Mighty Lead to get him out. And run away from close the door so we wouldn't have an 'accident' from Benjamin in the house. Presents from cats are enough.

Then, through all that commotion, Missy got into the house and I decided to get her out. I picked her up and she started purring and I was feeling guilty about putting her out. Then Benjamin tried to come into the house. And what ever way it worked, I ended up putting poor Missy into Benjamin's face and Missy hissed and scratched me to get away. Half a minute later, after I had pushed Benjamin back out of the house into the garden, I was left standing a little stunned with a scratch on my left finger and a really sore right hand.

Looking at that paragraph, I realized that I do have potatoes for brains.

Then I waited for Ryan's reply for ages and didn't receive one. It seems so irrelevant now, but I was kinda upset about it so I'll list it down as one of the unlucky things. Then, got to the pool, everything is grand, then went into the pool, lo and behold!

Lots of little kids splashing around and already knowing how to swim. Definitely swimming better than me whether I can float in fetal position or not. When I was bobbing about trying to ignore the currents, Ryan pushed me! He said it was a wee bobby push. But to me, in the water, it's HUGE and it's SCARY! (quite laughing, I am a giant coward really)

Right, made up again, 'cos I threw a hissy fit at that. Then went to Subway, and we realized that we had no money for a drink. That's not too bad.

But went to the bus station, and whenever Ryan was talking to the bus driver about the price to go to the place he wants to go to, my bus came and went. I was like:Ryan got his bus and went on his merry way. Leaving me alone. Maybe feeling a wee bit lost and nervous. And to top everything up, the next bus didn't come! It is a bank holiday today you see, and what I looked at was the normal bus time table. Well, on a holiday time table, they simply cut off the last bus from the normal time table! That was just the icing on the cake. I freaked and threw another hissy fit.

At Ryan. (yea I know, poor guy) But to Ryan's credit, he did make things better. His mom came to give me a lift all the way home, to my doorstep. :) YAY! My day was actually effectively healed simply by the fact that I got a lift home :) I am most certainly NOT going out on a bank holiday after this.

Hooray for adults.

"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious and anything self-conscious is lousy. You cannot try to do things. You simply must do things." - Ray Bradbury (American literary, fantasy, horror, science fiction, and mystery writer best known for his 1953 dystopian novel Fahrenheit 451 and The Martian Chronicles)