Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Non-adult Environment-Day 2

Woke up at 7.15am again this morning. It was so hard to wake up especially when normally I'll be asleep. Anyway, last night I realized that I (or we) have to water the garden, both front and back. While waiting for Jordan to come and walk the dog, I decided to water the back garden. You guys are probably thinking it's just a garden, there's no big deal. But one thing, the garden is HUGE! Well, not huge, but it's at least 10m by 10m. And that doesn't include each individual pot of flowers, or tomatoes.

Anyway, that wasn't the problem. While watering the honeysuckle waay at the back, I stepped on something. Something soft and squishy and possibly smelly. Yepz, you got it. It was either dog or cat poo. (it was dark! I couldn't see!) After that I got into a foul mood and finished the job. Imagine how I felt whenever Jordan told me he;s already watered the back garden after cutting the grass.To his credit though, he did water the front after walking the dog ^_^

Putting the cats to bed was no biggie, they came quite quickly and didn't leave me standing shouting for them too long. I've got that to be thankful for.

This morning I had to use the Mighty Lead to get Benjamin out of bed. I've decided to put him out of bed before making up their breakfasts. Benjamin immediately got up and went out of the door. It was quite a while before I realized he was weeing as he went out. Thank goodness it's in the garden and not inside. However, I was in my furry slippers! And a few drops of wee flew through the air..

And onto my slipper which absorbed the wee instantly. -.- I steeped it in Vanish before putting it into the washing machine on it's own. I thought it'll be cruel to put any other item of clothing in with my slippers. I feel bad though, it feels like such a waste of water and electricity.

Cats were good today. No presents in their cat litter tray. Probably did it somewhere else. I'm still waiting to step in it so I'm watching where I put my foot. After that, I settled down with my breakfast and watched tv. This time, I got wiser and left the door wide open in case Benjamin feels the need to answer his call of nature. This way, no accidents, and also no paranoid dog! YAY!

Watched tv for quite a while, and then had a shower. Jordan was still in bed. One of the great things about being alone or the only one awake in the house is you can shower for as long as you like. After that, I made up my lunch, and by that time the cats and dog were due their lunches too.

Since there was leftover roast, I skimmed the oil off the stock and gave it to the animals. Then used what ever stock I need to soften the rice enough for frying and gave the rest to them. The animals loved it. And licked their bowls clean. As for me, my fried rice made with various odds and ends went well. Just needs more salt. I've had enough rice to last me at least for dinner.

After lunch, more tv watching. Eventually I got around to practicing piano and had an insane amount of fruit because I was a little hungry and it's not meal time yet. Guess how much fruit I've had so far?

Two wizened small apples, one peach, one big apple, and two huge strawberries. The strawberries are easily the nicest and sweetest I've ever eaten in my entire short life. And I don't really like strawberries that much, but I'll probably have more strawberries later. In case you're wondering why I'm eating that much fruit, it's because I'm just eating the ones that look like they're going to go bad. The strawberries just look good that's why I ate them. :P

Soon after, it's 5pm. Time to feed the animals again. This time I opened a can of tuna to share between the cats and the dog for a nice treat again. Benjamin was sleeping so he wasn't around trying to trip me up as he does whenever I put something remotely close to my mouth. He thinks I'm going to share. I do sometimes share with his the occasional chocolate bar, but I cant share my fingernails with him can I? So making last meal of the day for animals was good, except Benjamin doesn't really have an appetite whenever he's just awake. So had to coax him quite a bit and very quickly before the cats eat his tuna.

Jordan gave me my camera back today, and I took a few photos. He borrowed it from me for camping a few eons ago but now I have it back. It's got quite a few great photos of sunsets in it. There:And I took a not-so-good picture of the mountains from my room. It'll have been better if it's not so out of focus and if it's brighter.Then came on and took a personality test from a link from Jodeline's blog. I think quite a few aspects of it are true. Those I think is true, will be in GREEN! Overall result will be in BLUE!

Your view on yourself:

You are down-to-earth and people like you because you are so straightforward. You are an efficient problem solver because you will listen to both sides of an argument before making a decision that usually appeals to both parties.

The type of girlfriend/boyfriend you are looking for:

You like serious, smart and determined people. You don't judge a book by its cover, so good-looking people aren't necessarily your style. This makes you an attractive person in many people's eyes.

Your readiness to commit to a relationship:

You prefer to get to know a person very well before deciding whether you will commit to the relationship.

The seriousness of your love:

You are very serious about relationships and aren't interested in wasting time with people you don't really like. If you meet the right person, you will fall deeply and beautifully in love.

Your views on education

Education is less important than the real world out there, away from the classroom. Deep inside you want to start working, earning money and living on your own.

The right job for you:

You're a practical person and will choose a secure job with a steady income. Knowing what you like to do is important. Find a regular job doing just that and you'll be set for life.

How do you view success:

You are afraid of failure and scared to have a go at the career you would like to have in case you don't succeed. Don't give up when you haven't yet even started! Be courageous.

What are you most afraid of:

You are concerned about your image and the way others see you. This means that you try very hard to be accepted by other people. It's time for you to believe in who you are, not what you wear.

Who is your true self:

You are mature, reasonable, honest and give good advice. People ask for your comments on all sorts of different issues. Sometimes you might find yourself in a dilemma when trapped with a problem, which your heart rather than your head needs to solve.
Notice how much GREEN there is? So there you go. A blow by blow recount of my day so far. In comparison, it's a much better day than yesterday, with fewer incidents. Much more boring though, because Ryan's at work from 12.30-9pm and Claire and Sarah are with their respective boyfriends. Plus Jude's still in the Caribbean. So that leaves me, and..me! (Jordan went out with his friends)

Will probably update soon. Going to re-heat the fried rice in the microwave oven for dinner. Might have to make an actual lunch from scratch tomorrow. Thinking of doing pasta. Hmm..

"Look, I don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive you've got to flap your arms and legs, you've got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death, and therefore you must at very least think noisy and colorfully, or you're not alive." - Mel Brooks (American director, writer, composer, lyricist, comedian, actor, and producer best known as creator of broad film farces and comedy parodies)