Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sarah's Sleepover

Wednesday was the last day of Non-adult Environment. Then on Thursday I went to a sleepover at Sarah's house. At first we were just hanging around, then took quite a few pictures and we started watching movies. Here are the pictures that we took.Then we watched..Penelope!It was a really really good film and I absolutely loved it. All filled with colors and I love the clothes that Penelope was wearing in that film. This film is about a girl who was born with the face of a pig due to a curse in her family line. She then starts on the journey of self-acceptance and meets a man who doesn't care about her face, but her personality. Shan't spoil the story for you. Let's just say it's got a feel-good vibe around it.

After that, Sweeney Todd, the demon barber of fleet street.This one has got a depressing vibe to it. In this film, you are torn between the good and evil. To me anyway, there is no clean cut of right or wrong and you feel sorry for all parties in the end. After watching this you just feel so sorry for everyone in the film. Music isn't too great. And most of them sound out of place anyway, but that is to create a sense of unease throughout the movie. Lots of gory bits in it. As well as tension and suspense. It's an overkill if you as me. Those who hate violence and watching tortured souls in action, don't watch it.

Then it's Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.Not too bad, waay too dark for me. Still, if you abandon the books written by JK Rowling, it's a pretty good movie. I can't say much about this movie because I didn't really watch it. Was listening to Claire and Sarah picking out the wrongs in the movie which is not according to the book half the time.

Last, Mansfield Park based on a book written by Jane Austen, easily one of the greatest women authors around.This movie is amazingly good. The main actress is so pretty and the feeling of not being equal with the people she lives with jumps across the telly to me. Lots of color again, great story line,
I love the way Fanny Price sticks up for herself whenever she is put down in front of people. And the little twists and turns the movie makes a little at the end of the movie. It's a little risque, but not as much as Sex In The City, that was terrible.

Finished watching the movies, went upstairs to gossip and chat about everyone and everything. I fell asleep at 3.40+am or something. And Claire and Sarah talked a little bit more till 4.20+am. Woke up, rushed through our breakfast and Claire's mom took me to Saintfield where I got a lift down to Ryan's. I had lots of fun. It was a fun-filled two days. :)

Went to Ryan's friend's house for the night. His name is Simon and he already has a family and all. We were there 'cos there was no one in Ryan's house. Anyway, watched Step-up 2 The Streets.Was really good, the dance moves are amazing. I don't know the storyline well because I didn't get to watch it probably. But aesthetically appealing, yes! Halfway through Simon's son Jacob fell and hit his head on the corner of the fireplace. He now has a little hole above his right eye. Hopefully it's healing. Jacob's only 4-5years old, and he doesn't seem too bothered by it.

Now on to yesterday. Yesterday, I uploaded a statistics counter onto my blog to keep a track on how many people view my blog a day. The last time I checked, only 8 people have gone it. Not too bad if you ask me. Haha.

"I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens." -Woody Allen (An American film director, writer, actor, comedian, playwright, and jazz musician)