Thursday, July 03, 2008

Dilemma!

I'm in a dilemma about what to do for the summer. It really is very difficult. See, my uncle wants me to go back to Singapore to help my dad and also to renew my student visa. It was so sudden when I first heard, I was like:I already have the application form to renew my student visa but it seems like it's going to take quite a while and the time would be very tight. So if i try to do it in Singapore it'll be a whole lot easier and quicker. Maybe cheaper too. It costs £295 to renew my student visa here. Multiply that by three to get it in roughly S$.

OK. Now let's work this out. If I go to Singapore:
-I can see all my family again!
-I can get to eat all the Chinese food I like.
-Maybe easier to renew student visa.
-And in the event that Ryan comes over, it'll be a lot of fun showing him around.
-Mommy can help me out with renewing student visa in Singapore.
-Blessed warmth and sunshine.

BUT!
-I'll miss Sarah, Claire, Jude, etc.
-I wouldn't be able to work for money. And I've got an application form for a job lying on my table.
-The chances of having a sleepover at Sarah's Claire's Jude's or mine would be dashed.
-I don't know how I'll deal with going to Singapore, feeling at home and then have to go back to NI again. The last time I cried lots.
-I hate the looooong flights.

If I DON'T go to Singapore:
-I'll be able to get a job and earn some ka-ching!
-I'll possibly be able to sleepover.
-I wouldn't have to deal with the emotional trauma of being happy and then have to go away again.
-Don't need to deal with the looooong flight.
-Ryan wouldn't have to try to fork out the money to try to go to Singapore with me.

BUT!
-I might get deported just because I couldn't manage to hand in the application for renewal of student visa in time. And it's not as easy as you think.
-I'll feel bad for neglecting my family just for my own pleasure, not to mention place my right to stay here at risk.

So there you go. All the points there laid out for you. And I STILL don't know if I should go. I guess I'll just leave it up to the adults to decide if I should go. Meanwhile, I'll have to hand in that work application form and then if I get accepted, tell them that I will only be able to work once I come back from Singapore. They'll probably say I never have to go back again.

Anyway, Jude is going to the Caribbean today. Jude probably wouldn't be reading this, but if you are:

Travel safe Jude! And I'll text you once I find out I'm going to Singapore before you come back. I should try to organize a whole day with just the four of us again before I leave. So I can be soppy and cry snottily in your shoulders. :P Just joking. I'm not joking about the whole day out though.

Now here are a few interesting pictures of toilet signs. I got it off pengpengsays. I've linked him at the side. At first I didn't bother because he hardly updates. But whenever he does, it's well worth reading.This is what's outside the toilet of Rock City Diner.

And that one above, I couldn't stop laughing at whenever I see it.

"To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment. "-Jane Austen (an English novelist whose realism, biting social commentary and masterful use of free indirect speech, burlesque, and irony have earned her a place as one of the most widely-read and best loved writers in British literature)