Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cards

Well, as I have mentioned before, I recently have been making quite a few cards on my own. I have been a little apprehensive about putting photos of the cards up before because people who the cards are meant for might read it. After some thought though, I decided that it'll be ok putting them up so long as I don't mention who it is for. ^__^

So! To make a card, first you must have..Scissors and glue! Or glue dots if you can find any.

I love using glue dots especially for sticking on sequins as well as other little knick-knacks on the card to jazz it up. I do buy sequins occasionally because they're great for giving the card that little special touch. If you don't really want to waste money though, just dig through cards which you have received before and cut out the pictures and stick them onto the card. Which is what I do as well. Sometimes even brochures from supermarkets and film postcards work really well too. I have also bought those big foam alphabets for some extra texture and fun in a card. Down side is, after 'H' for 'Happy', and 'B' for Birthday, there isn't much you can do with it. So far, it's working pretty well. Color pens are optional and even though most people may think that color pens make the card look prettier, color pencils work just fine so long as they are sharpened.

Last of all, do not try to save up pictures or sequins for another time unless you already have an idea for the next card you are going to make! What I find is, each time I try to scrimp and save on a card, I normally end up with a card that just looks really plain and half-heartedly made.

So, here are just some of the cards I've made so far.With a little bit of imagination, you can also use wrapping paper to make little bags for presents which will look silly wrapped up.And remember I mentioned the dyeing of the chrysanthemums? Well here they are taken a few days ago. See? It is still pure white.Well, I hope I didn't bore you too much with the pictures of cards and things. Just to clarify though, I haven't made a card in ages, and those featured above are most certainly not made today.

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." -Scott Adams (the creator of the Dilbert comic strip and the author of several business commentaries, social satires and experimental philosophy books)








No comments:

Post a Comment