Saturday, August 16, 2008

Finally!

Finally, Ryan's back, Sarah's finished her work placement, and Jude and Claire are coming back today! Yay! Goodbye loneliness!

OH! And I received a really cute card from Cheryll today! It's so cute. And she's put a picture of us on the card. I was a little choked up about it 'cos it brought back the happy memories. I can't wait to see my friends in Singapore again!

Anyway, found out something really radical today. The long-awaited has happened! My white chrysanthemums now have the teeniest smudge of pink the edges! Look!This was how I found out. For quite a few days now, the top of the vase I had it in was starting to look a little grubby. And it is also starting to smell just a teeny bit awful. A bit like vegetable rot, but not that strong yet. I was actually starting to give up and thinking of putting it away and that's when I noticed just the slightest tinge of pink at the edges. I'm not actually joking when I say this, but I literally sat there and stared for ages at the pink edges just to make sure that my eyes aren't deceiving me. But yes! There it is, under the mid-day sun, in all it's pinky glory.

But just look at the rot or fungus what whatever it is that's there now! I wonder how bad it'll get before the chrysanthemums turn all pink. I sure hope it's before the smell starts to grow so strong it attracts flies.

"Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made and forgot to put a soul into." -Henry Ward Beecher (he was a prominent, theologically liberal American Congregationalist clergyman, social reformer, abolitionist, and speaker in the mid to 10th century)








No comments:

Post a Comment