Sunday, August 03, 2008

Happy Birthday To Mee

Yesterday was great! Woke up feeling pretty good. And then showered. Actually I thought of making Cheryll's birthday card for her yesterday but I went downstairs instead and received..

Flowers! MY flowers. Teehee. got them from Auntie Carol.Plus, I got a personalized cake. Here.And then, chocolates, from the best chocolate place in NI.Then Auntie Carol and me made a smoothie with the leftover watermelon. I cut it up and everything.

Put it into the smoothie maker with milk, ice-cream, apple juice, strawberry yoghurt and a sprig of mint. This is the end result:That was actually pretty good. Though I think I had a little too much. After that it was relatively calm, talked to the family in Singapore for a few hours before walking into the kitchen to see lots of things being prepared. End result of Auntie Carol's afternoon is this!She's outdone herself. Always does and the results are absolutely wonderful.

There are even balloons to announce to the whole world that I'm 18. Well at least that someone in the house has turned 18.Here's the cake again, with candles on. By the way, the candles are called 'Magic Candles' which give out sparks when lit but simply would not go out. I did it once, and the flames didn't go out. Ended up, the everyone was puffing at the candles which go out for a moment, then relights itself. Real magic indeed. We had to eventually pick it up in put it into a glass of water to extinguish it. And no, it didn't relight itself in the water. That would be plain freaky.Here's what I got from the aunts and nanny.A lime green Nintendo DS lite! I couldn't believe it. Still can't. I got it with the brain training thing with Sudoku puzzles in it. :)

And this from Uncle Paul, Auntie Carol and Jordan.It's a key, for my 18th birthday because traditionally, teens are handed the house keys on their 18th birthday. Apparently it's done from the olden times and used to be made of plastic and cardboard or something. Mine is real metal :)

This is from Auntie Carol and Uncle Paul.A necklace with an Irish Harp on it ^__^

And this from Jordan. The Body Shop so totally rocks, I love their stuff.Here are the cards from everyone.Today I took a few white chrysanthemums and put it into a little vase with beetroot juice in it. What I'm hoping to do, is to get the chrysanthemums to turn red or at least pink. So will be taking a picture of it tomorrow to see. Here is Day 1 of Chrysanthemum Dyeing Project.By the way, the bottle of 'water babies' to prove if they really 'give birth' was accidentally squashed in the camp and therefore, that project is called off. Below is the post about the camp, so do scroll down and take a look.

"For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier... I put them in the same room and let them fight it out." -Steven Wright (American stand-up comedian, actor, and writer. He is known for his distinctly lethargic voice and slow, deadpan delivery of ironic, witty, deeply philosophical and sometimes confusing or nonsensical jokes and one-liners with overly-contrived situations.)






No comments:

Post a Comment